Every year several racing events are held on the island while the annual Phuket King's Cup Regatta is the largest and longest established. It was inaugurated to mark the birthday of His Majesty the King of Thailand and is now part of the Omega Asian Yachting Circuit. The regatta is held in December. Other events include the Andaman Sea Rally, the Phangna Bay Regatta and the Phuket Race Week.The most comfortable way to enjoy the clear seas is to join one of the cruises which are on offer like:
|- Completely landlocked lagoon with alongside
berths for vessels up to 140 ft.
- Phuket Boat Lagoon170 Wet berths
- Hard stand for 120 yachts
- 30 ,40 and 60 tons travel lifts
- Electrical and water to all berths
- Dry stacking by Marina Bull for vessels up to 40 ft.
- 4000 psi pressure wash
- Trailer boat berthing
- Fuel dock
- Storage lockers
- Internet access, plug for laptops
- Telephone line to berths
- Mail/fax holding
- Towing service
- Boat launching ramp with ramp vehicle
- Boat sale and brokerage office
- Ships Chandlery
- Daily weather broadcast and tidal information
- VHF Radio watch
- Boat chartering
- Harbor tug with fire fighting, fire extinguisher and rescue capabilities
- Laundry service Phuket Boat Lagoon
- Supermarket and shopping plaza
- Car and Motorcycle rental
- All Airline ticketing
- Club house with gym equipment
- 50 meters Swimming pool
- 24 hour security service
- Hull repairs fiberglass, wood, steel
- Stainless fabrication, MIG and TIG welding,
lathe work and chroming
- Osmosis treatment
- Engine repairs
- Painting / Varnishing
- Bottom cleaning and anti-fouling
- Sand bathing
- Wood working
- Mechanical repairs and installation
- All Electrical supplier and repairs
- All types of marine canvas work
The marina itself will be built in two phases. Phase 1,
the outer marina, comprises a public marina plus private berths
for home owners and a select group of commercial operators. Phase
2, the inner marina, will be for the exclusive use of private marina
residents, with a sophisticated lock system allowing easy access
The outside basin (phase 1) covers an area of about 31,000 sq meters, or almost 20 rai, with an inner marina of over 50,000 sq meters (31 rai). The minimum water depth is 3.5 meters LAT, with a maximum of over 5 meters.
Phase 1 boasts 85 wet berths, 88 Drystack and about 30 on the hardstand, totaling over 200 berths. When phase 2 is complete, Royal Phuket Marina will have berths for more than 350 boats, with berth sizes ranging from 10 to 20-plus meters.
And Royal Phuket Marina offers you total peace of mind, with total protection from wave action and floating debris, as well as 24 hour surveillance and an extensive network of security guards.
The minimum depth on approach at low tide is approximately
2.5 meters. Laem Phrao is a safe anchorage all year round with the
marina providing berths for those yachts looking for alongside facilities.
The marina, with its full range of marine services, can accommodate over 150 boats from small sailing craft through to mega-yachts and all types of motor boats. Sheltered from the monsoons, the marina offers year-round sailing access to some of the world's best cruising grounds.
Great care has been taken to protect the marine eco-system and, accordingly, a ll berthing installations are entirely free-floating. Moreover, the fully equipped marina allows boat owners to hook-up to power and receive fresh water.
The Yacht Haven is the first and only marina on the island offering fully serviced berthing accommodation for mega-yachts. The free-floating pontoons, constructed to comply with international standards for marine eco system protection, are equipped with electrical power, fresh water connections, and 24 hour security services.
- Marina Berths
- Fresh Water
- 24 hour Security
- Car Hire
|- Sailors' Bar
- Transport to Phuket Town
- Lounge Area
- General Store
- Shower and private lockers
- Long Distance Tel/Fax Email
|Phuket Port Control Center:||Located on 2nd floor of the Phuket Fishing Lodge Hotel,
52/2 Moo 9 Tambon (Sub District) Chalong, Amphoe Muang, Phuket,
Latitude 7o 49' 0" N, Longtitude 98o 22' 0" E, Tel. and Fax. 66 76 381614.
|Type of craft that must report:||All yachts of foreign registry must report.|
|Making Contact:||All vessels entering within 12 nuatical miles must report their presence by radio : VHF Channel 16, 156.800 MHz|
|Services One Stop
3. Habour Master Region 5
4. Chalong Sub-District Administration
The Immigration Act of 1979 and subsequent Ministerial Rules of Enforcement
stipulate the following:
- Captains and crews arriving by boat in Thailand will be allowed to stay in Thailand up to 30 days.
All such persons are expected to leave on the same vessel they arrived
- The law states that if they choose to leave Thailand by any other method, the permit to stay will automatically be canceled , and they will be blacklisted, barring them from re-entering Thailand.
- In order to avoid being blacklisted, captains and crews wishing to leave the country by any method other than the way they arrived must present all relevant documents at Immigration and post a bond of 20,000 Baht. The bond will be refunded once the Immigration Department receives confirmation that the caption or crew member has left the country.
Immigration Officers will be happy to offer guidance on the technicalities of these procedures.